Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Milo-isms: The Animal Edition

- Mama? You see this boo boo? This one here on my leg?
-Yes, Milo. How'd you get that boo boo?
- From a rhino.
- A rhino? Where on earth did you see a rhino?
- Yeah, a bunch of little rhinos came and stepped on my leg.
- Really? Where were you?
- The zoo.
- The zoo? You went to the zoo without me?
- Yeah, the zoo, but you weren't with me. I was at the zoo and a bunch of little rhinos stepped on my leg. That's how I got that boo boo.

Driving by Grant's Farm yesterday afternoon:
- Milo, look! There are some deer and some elk.
- Yeah! Deer and elk!...........But where's the tiger?
- A tiger? They don't have a tiger at Grant's Farm -- he'd eat all the deer and elk. Tigers eat other animals.
- NOOOOOO! Tigers don't eat other animals! They eat pancakes........LOOK, MAMA! THERE'S THE TIGER!
- Really? You saw a tiger in Grant's Farm?
- Yeah! He was down that hill. He's gonna come to our house and eat pancakes.

We had breakfast for dinner last night, and as Aaron was cooking pancakes, Milo came in the kitchen. But know there was no more tiger talk since our earlier conversation -- a converstion that Aaron wasn't privy to. ;)
- Daddy? What time is the tiger coming to our house?
- Tiger? What tiger, Milo?
- The tiger at Grant's Farm. He's coming over for pancakes.

Gotta love emerging imaginations! :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Matt and I laughed pretty hard at this- keep the stories coming Erica!

Unknown said...

I love these stories!