Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover

Well, because y'all know I'm nosy and just couldn't stay out of the thick of things, I went with some coworkers and visited the local "set" for the latest Extreme Makeover: Home Edition last night. Picture quality isn't great, but you can get the idea. It's in Shrewsbury, which is the next township over from Aaron and I; maybe 5 minutes from our house. The family has the typical heart-wrenching story -- the mom was a pediatric cancer nurse who was forced to quit her job to care for her twin boys, both of whom have different extremely rare genetic diseases that cause physical abnormalities.

The house is beautiful (from the outside, and what I could see of the inside), and they did a good job of keeping the architecture of houses in the area. I'm just glad I'm not an immediate neighbor -- boy, those houses sure do look puny and sad now!

I'll let you know when this episode is going to air -- supposed to be in early November.

No comments: