Monday, September 15, 2008

If we never hear the word "no" again...

Ah, the infamous No Stage. You know, the one when every toddler says "NO" to anything and everything you say. We are so there. Here's how it goes:

Us: "Milo, let's INSERT REQUEST HERE" or "Milo, do you want to INSERT INANE THING HERE"
Milo: "No, I not INSERT REPEATED INANE REQUEST HERE"
Us: "Well, I don't know that you have a choice. Let's go REPEAT INANE THING"
Milo: "No, I not do that."

I swear, if we never hear no from him again, it'll be too soon! And bear in mind -- the thing we say can be as innocuous as "Do you want a cookie?" or "Let's go to McDonalds." This, too, shall pass.

In other news, I had another check up on Friday. All is looking fine with Baby Boy (and me) so far. Another appointment in a month...the dreaded glucose screen. And we picked a day for the c-section...but I'll keep that secret until the French Family has time to get a Baby Pool together (assuming you want to do one again).

No comments: