Monday, March 16, 2009

The Potty & The Park

Oh, give me strength. The Potty Training adventure (nightmare?) has resumed. The Diaper Fairy visited the Chandler home last Thursday evening and took all of Milo's diapers, which he was actually OK with. And we did have success all weekend.......but only if Milo was naked from the waist down. Which he was when we were home. The only accidents he had was when he had a pull-up or real underwear on.


He's on spring break from preschool this week, so the sitter decided she'd work with her son and Milo. However, Milo can't just run around naked at her house, so she's facing a huge challenge. He'll just go in his pants and doesn't have a care in the world about it. I'm just not sure how to bridge that gap between knowing what it feels like to have to go (which he obviously does when he's naked) and actually stopping and finding a potty when he's clothed. Gah. I hate it all!








On to Hank. He is 9 weeks old today, and just as fat and happy as ever. Actually, he's probably much happier than he used to be since I've been dairy-free. He's certainly not perfect, but he's not crying as much and not having such obvious pain. So that's a good thing. He began laughing out loud last week, and drumroll please............slept through the night last night!!!!!! All the way from 10:30pm to 6:30am. Woohoo! (Now, let's just hope that wasn't a fluke!)









Can I just tell you -- these clothes are size 9 MONTHS. Not 9 weeks. 9 freaking moths. Fat old thing.
As for Aaron and I, status quo pretty much. He's had a ton of gigs. And, actually, Gramme and Papa watched the boys for us Saturday night so I could go see Aaron's band, which was really nice. (For those in the area, you should get out to see the Funky Butt Brass Band -- they're a ton of fun! http://www.funkybuttbrassband.com/) However, Hank did give them a run for their money. We'll just leave you with this visual: Jeanie holding Hank while sitting in the bathroom, while Frank ran a blow dryer over Hank's body. That's the only way they could get him to eat his bottle. Crazy kid.

I have 3 more weeks of maternity leave before I go back full time, but I think I'm going to work some half days in a couple weeks to ease back into it and let Hank get used to going to the sitter. I won't get started, but, man, am I struggling with the thought of leaving him. I'm definitely having a harder time now than I did with Milo. But health insurance is a good thing, so back I go.

On to happier pastures (literally): we've had a few really beautiful, warm days here in St. Louis, so Milo and Hank have gotten to visit the park (actually a couple parks) some. Here are pictures.
Visit 1 -- about a month ago:
Visit 2 -- about 2 weeks ago:
Visit 3 -- today:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I'm calling gramme, how did they figure out the blow dryer would help? Necessity, the mother of invention!


Keep those cute postings and photos coming.

love you,

aunt debi