Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter and Everything

Happy Belated Easter to all! But the good news in me posting after the fact is that I have photos of all our Easter fun!

My favorites? The dreaded baby bunny outfit. Aaron absolutely HATES that I do this (as, I'm sure, both boys will also someday), but I can't help it. It's just so darn cute! Here's Hank's turn:


And, for good measure, here was Milo's turn. Notice how much looser it was on him -- and he was a full month older than Hank when this was taken:


Milo LOVED Easter this year! He had a great time at our church's egg hunt, and we hid eggs probably a good 8-10 times for him yesterday so he could keep finding them. The Bunny brought him a fireman raincoat and boots, as well as assorted candy and books. And Hankers got this big penguin that he can kick and bat around and some books, too.





To balance the sugary goodness of the Easter Bunny and eggs and the commercial meaning of the Easter holiday, Aaron and I have been attempting to talk about Jesus and the Ressurection with Milo. (I know he's also been hearing about it at preschool and Sunday School, too.) So one night last week, I was laying with Milo at bedtime and we were talking about his day. I asked if they talked about Jesus at preschool (it's a church-run school), and he said yes. I asked if they talked about how Jesus kung-fu'd the big rock and got out (this is how Aaron puts it). He said yes. And then all the "But, why"s began. Oy. Have you ever tried to explain the Easter Story to a 3 year old? It's quite difficult. And in our case, ended with me saying that Jesus had a daddy just like Milo had a daddy, and Jesus's daddy was God. To which Milo replies: "Yeah!" (And I start to pat myself on the back.) And then: "Daddy just like Jesus!" Close enough.


What else? Oh! We all survived my first week back to work. I feel a bit like I'm burning the candle at both ends, but hopefully it'll get better. (Even though I know it'll probably get worse first THEN better.) And both boys have colds, but nothing major. We had Hank's 3 month portraits done on Saturday, this time with both he and Milo for the first time. Kind of an effort in futility, but I'll post them once I have them.

In the meantime, here are a couple bonus shots of Hankers. In the first, notice, if you will, that the poor baby no longer has knees. Only fat rolls where his knees should be. And we won't talk about how he's getting double rolls on his cankles (you know, where the calf meets the feet but where ankles should be). :) But, he's a happy boy, so that's all that matters!

And for the French family, a funny Milo story. Jeanie watches both boys now on Fridays, and this past one, Hank had the hiccups. So, she says, "Hey Milo, poor Hank has the hiccups." Now, if you know anything about my mom, it's that she has this great Bootheel accent. So, Milo responds disdainfully, "No, Gramme. He doesn't got HEE-cups. He got HIH-cups." Awesome. She got schooled on pronunciation by a 3 year old. ;)

Love to all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What cute pictures! Looks so cute in the bunny outfit. It looks like all had a great time. Love to all! Iris

Unknown said...

These stores are hilarious. I love the way you write. Your boys are both adorable! As, of course, are you too! Love you all.