Monday, April 6, 2009

Month Three Update

Well, here we are. We have survived my first full day back at work with both boys at the sitter. And I am more than elated to report that Baby Hank is NOT his brother. I only made it about half of my first day back before having to go feed Milo because he refused to take a bottle. Not so with Hankers. This is a cakewalk compared to that!

What else? Hank is babbling and cooing and gooing, and loves to play Pattycake. Milo has actually asked us to go on the potty 4 or 5 times now -- and gone. (Don't get me wrong -- he's nowhere NEAR ready for big boy underwear, but this is progress.) And Aaron and I are just trying to get a routine going in the mornings since Aaron takes them to the sitter while I go to work early.

I'd forgotten just how much I did NOT miss my old Frenemy (aka, The Pump). However, we're friendly right now and Hank will have plenty to eat for a while anyway. ;) My crazy coworkers decorated my office and posted these signs everywhere:
This is what happens when you work with creative theater-types.

Poor Aaron is looking at getting his wisdom teeth removed in the next couple of weeks. But it's a good time, as he (shockingly) has very few gigs this month. Although it just so happens that one he does have is on Easter. At 4pm. Right when we *should* be eating dinner with family. But whatever. I'm not bitter. (Much.)

I'll quit rambling. But we really appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we transition to a family of two working parents again. And, even more, if you could pray for a shortened work schedule for me by this summer (it's *hopefully* in the works).

And I'll leave you with some favorite recent pictures of all:

First Zoo Trip of the Year:

Hank's Dedication at Church:

No comments: